There's been a lot of good eating going on this year. I'm sticking to roughly 85% gluten-free living, with the other 15% broken into 5% of times when it's either eat gluten or don't eat, 5% of gluten things I won't give up, and another 5% of splurging.
I cook a lot and, surprisingly, I'm not that big a fan of eating out. It's expensive and I prefer home-cooked meals. I get in more of the things I want that way.
I also like taking pictures of food, which I often get made fun of for doing. But I don't care.
Here's a peak at typical eating. If you want recipes for anything, give me a holler! It's pretty much all GF unless otherwise indicated.
Turkey balls with peppers and onions
Greek-yogurt-fudge cupcakes with flax & dark chocolate chunks
Brown-rice-spaghetti-squash-feta "casserole" with sausage, veggies and orange zest. (This one was created while I was cooking it and just continually adding stuff in... everyone loved it, so I have to share)
Sweet potato cornbread
GF Crepes with a variety of fixins' (sweet, salty, sweet & salty mmmm)
Slow-simmer marinara with sauteed veggies thrown in (fyi- we threw in veggies last minute to not totally obliterate their nutrients). We put this on GF pasta & chicken; would be great for anything!
A Trader Joe's special: Polenta (L) & Quinoa (R). Both come from the frozen section and are so darn good. Staples in our house. Quick, convenient, tasty and nutritious. (OK, TJ's, want to sponsor me yet???)
And I'll end it with a yummy gluten-loaded splurge... A birthday dessert of "build your own" angel food cake, breyer's vanilla bean ice cream, all-natural whip cream, strawberries, crushed dark chocolate and candle wax ;)