"Running with a Bottle of Wine" blogger Chloe tagged me with one of those "tell-us-about-you" survey things. So, here ya go...
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
(I think I changed two)
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions?
Triathlons (duh), the TV show "House," raw almonds
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
2XU compression socks. Do they actually work? I don't know, but I'm giving them a try. Close second: My stretchy pants from Target. So comfortable!
3. Last thing you bought for yourself?
A massage. Next up, a FIST bike fitting at Tribuys in a couple days. Talk about self-indulging. Geez.
4. What’s for dinner?
Probably flank steak, sweet potatoes (yum!) and some kind of green vegetable, topped off with dark chocolate.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you:
Chloe, you and I seem like we're a lot alike. I love your lifestlye! If I ever come out to Florida to race, can I stay at your place? :)
6. What is one item you could not live without?
I have two. First, sports bras. I wear them more often than regular bras. Second, like Chloe, my contacts... I'm flat out blind. Worst fear: losing one during a race!!
8. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
My life goal is to plan vacations around doing an Ironman, so France, Australia and tropical Ironman locations are on my list. Crossing my fingers that France happens in 2010.
8. What is your most immediate short-term goal:
To finish this and my freelance work, get over the the gym for upper-body weights and swim No. 4 for the week, and then go to my new job (more on that soon). Oh, and recover from the sorest legs I've ever had, lower-body weight strength training destroyed me!
9. What are you reading right now?
The new issue of Triathlete mag and kinesiology textbooks: exercise physiology, and strength and conditioning. No time for a "real" book right now.
10. Tell us three random things about you.
1) I have racing (and the desire to go fast) in my genes. My grandfather is/was a world-renowned race car driver in the '50s, '60s and '70s and won basically every prestigious race in the world. After retiring from driving, he continued to build race cars and ran a racing team. He is still working to this day, and now my uncle is a professional race car driver. They also build some faaaast motorcycles and often ride where I do - Santiago Canyon/Cook's Corner!
2) I hate shopping for clothes and stuff like that. I don't enjoy the whole process of browsing through racks and trying everything on. I'm such a dude when it comes to that. The problem is, I love having new and cute stuff to wear.
3) I have not had coffee since the beginning of February. Coming from a former (extreme) coffee addict, this is huge.
11. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
Marley and Me. Very cute, but the book was better - I remember being on a plane and bawling my eyes out when I finished reading it. I love dogs and have had one around for the better part of my life.
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
A big container of frozen yogurt and wine (not necessarily together).
13. What’s your favorite smell?
Well, it's NOT the smell of 24 Hour Fitness' pool chlorine, which is extra potent and sticks to me for days. Yuck. Hm, I love the smell of barbecues and showers (once again, not necessarily together).
14. What is your fav trashy reality TV show?
No reality TV for me. However, I love the show "1,000 Ways to Die" on Spike, it's based on real stories, does that count? That show cracks me up, Darwinism at its best...how morbid. Ha ha.
15. What's something random that's happened to you recently.
I've dissected a sheep's brain and cow's eyeball and have studied a human cadaver in the last couple weeks and was not grossed out at all. However, on the topic of grossness, this was the most disgusting thing ever: While putting away a new thing of oatmeal in our pantry last Saturday, I discovered a mealworm (I think?) infestation in an old container of hot cereal that no one ate. I was home alone and had to dispose of it all by myself. I was shaking it was so awful. The weird thing is, the pantry is relatively new, so the cereal couldn't have been that old. We're not gross unclean people, I swear.
16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing?
Chewing gum. Preferably Orbit Sweet Mint. It's a bad addiction.
17. What do you have an addiction to?
Ha, well beside gum, working out & popcorn. As for working out: I'm a triathlete, so duh, taking rest days are torture! As for the popcorn: I eat whole bag of Redenbacher's Smart Pop Kettle Korn on a regular basis.
18. Whats your favorite holiday?
Halloween. I don't know why, I guess I love the whole dressing up thing. And although I'm a summer person at heart (I must live in warm climates), I like how Halloween kinds symbolizes the transition to fall and the holiday season.
19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have??
Probably 10-15, but I only wear maybe 2 or 3, including my Rainbow Sandals 24/7. Non-running shoes are a low priority in my life.
20. Favorite activity besides training.
Cooking and "creating" meals. I am the resident chef at my house and don't mind it at all.
OK, now I'm tagging three people: